Mission of PCPAP
- Bring together Spanish speaking working people in the U.S. and connect them with their Latin American heritage.
- Address the issues that pertain to the latino community (racism & xenophobia, immigration, neoliberalism, labor exploitation)
- Preserve important elements in our cultural, and progressive traditions, amplify the forward-looking elements in our communities, work with other socially-advanced organizations and coalitions within the USA.
- Struggle for an economically just society for all people in the Americas.
Proposed Mission statement: We seek to combat structural issues that interfere with the pursuit of equality for Latin Americans and Latino descendents. Through this work, we aim to build a peaceful and just society in all of the Americas.
- To unite the latino community against work place exploitation and discrimination
- Development of community needs via housing and recreation, education access
- Combat xenophobia and discriminatory immigration policies, detention centers, etc.
- Support democracy and oppose political intervention against countries in Latin America
- Support friendship and peace resolutions for all the nation-states in the Americas
Goals for the Executive
- Establish a PCPAP website
- Start working on getting articles for the latest edition of La Voz
- Finding who can make the layout for La Voz
- Appoint an Editorial Board
- Establish connections with progressives all throughout the USA.
- Build the mass organization and its influence.
- Work closely with the other PCUSA mass orgs.